Replacing Saab 9000 Front Control Arm Bushings

This is one job I've just never done, and I'm not sure I need to. I just want to be prepared in the event replacing the disc rotors and/or lower ball joints isn't enough. So: 1) How hard is it to get the old ones out or new ones in? 2) How long would it take? 3) What tools are required? 4) Is this a DIY project in any sense of the term?

Reply to
Valjean

It may be cheaper to replace the complete control arm with a used one. I had to do it 5 months ago when my 94cs hit a curb and bent the control arm. The cost for the contol arm with bushing is only $50.

I think you need to take the control arm out to press the old bushing out and the new bushing in if you want to replace the bushing only. Taking the control arm out is rather straightforward if you have a full set of metric wrenches.

Reply to
yaofengchen

Where did you find such a fantastic price!?!!!

Reply to
Valjean

Try saabnet.com parts classified. I got mint there.

Reply to
yaofengchen