Resetting Oil Life Indicator, '05 Saab 9-3

Hey all,

I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 2.0t Sedan that I just had serviced. I put new synthetic oil in it, and I expected the oil quality counter to reset itself but, it did not. I tried to see in the manual if there was something about that, but all I could find was that there would be a reset value when the service indicator came on.

If I just make a routine maintenance on this car, is there any way to make the car aware that it now has new oil in it?

Also, will this vehicle alert me at the right service intervals, or is it like many of the cars I know, that really have to be taken in on regular intervals, and their service indicators are really bad at knowing when?

Thanks!

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

Yes. It is covered in the owners manual. It is covered under the "SID Profiler" info. Excerpt from my '03 owners manual:

Profiler

Adjustments can be made with the control unit situated between the main instrument panel and the audio system. This is called Profiler.

1 Activate Profiler by pressing the CUSTOMIZE button. 2 Turn the INFO dial until the appropriate system is selected. 3 Confirm selection by pressing the INFO dial. Select Exit once you have made the desired settings.

You want to scroll to System Settings, then Service Info, then Reset Service Ind.

Note that you do not get the option to reset the Service Ind unless the "Time for Service" timeout has occurred, so if you change the oil early you can't reset the timer until it pops up.

It will, and you can. I prefer to keep my own schedule based on mileage and time and so pay no attention to the Time for Service indicator.

Reply to
Fred W