reverse gear saab 900

I've almost lost reverse in my Saab 900(1996). Sometimes it takes as long as 3 or 4 minutes to engage, then it slips in as sweet as a nut! Anyone got any info please Banto

Reply to
Dave Hill

Reverse is a straight cut gear - sometimes you double clutch assuming nothing is loose or gummy in the gate. Moving it into third then reverse will help if there is something amiss in the gate.

Cheers.

Reply to
Dexter J

He never said if it was an automatic or manual :-)

This is also a 1996 - it is not a Classic. I thought they changed the manual transmission in the NG Saabs. I drove a 1998 900 and it had a different shifter/transmission than the Classic.

Reply to
ma_twain

"Dave Hill" wrote in news:0AKVd.262$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:

Check the owner's manual. Mine have said that if you have a problem putting it in reverse, put it in first and then try reverse again.

Reply to
Laura K

Reply to
Dave Hill

It happened to me and turned out to be that the clutch pedal linkage (added to make the car RHD) was gradually to shearing. The garage welded it back and all was well.

Reply to
sb

Reply to
romick