Reverse: the curse?

I think I know the answer already, but..

My 1992 Saab Turbo Convertible has just a tad reverse left. I'm fine when I park on a hill or straight. But any kind of decline, and I'm walking home. Is there any way to fix reverse -- even half fixed I could live with

-- vs. a full $2K+ transmission job?

Reply to
madison41

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean you've lost reverse gear ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes. No reverse. It engages just for a second or two. That's it.

Reply to
madison41