Rough Idle 1992 saab 2.1

Rough Idle smooths out during acceleration any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere. Check for cracked hoses and such.

Reply to
The Malt Hound

"The Malt Hound" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

There is one very tricky possible location for such a leak, at least in the

2,3L Turbo in which I have experienced the same problem. There is wide rubber hose which goes back from the valve cover to the intake. It has got a coaxial steel hose to circulate water through the trottle body. The entire assembly crosses the cylinderhead and is fixed with a bracket just below the jack of the DI cassette. This bracket had worked through the rubber hose but the steel hose was keeping it in place and on the first view you wouldnt have expected a leakage. The only indication I found was a certain amount of oil on top of the clutch housing. After I had fixed the leak the engine idling was very smoth and stabe at 900 RPM.
Reply to
Marcel Baum