Saab 9-2x 2.5 Opinion

I was given a 9-2x 2.5 non-turbo while my car is in the shop. I like the ride and handling, but the interior is cheap and the doors seem very flimsy. The engine is very touchy, hard to drive smoothly. Not worth the msrp in my opinion!

Dan

Reply to
dan

It's not really a Saab, it's a reworked Subaru added to the range at GM's behest.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I wasn't impressed by the 9-2. I test drove one before buying a 9-3. It was obvious from the time I started the 9-2 that it was VERY different from a real Saab. The engine was noisy and not anywhere near as powerful or smooth as the 9-3's and 9-5's. When I questioned the difference, the salesman told me it was really a Subaru, as Graham mentioned.

------------------

wrote:

Reply to
DFW Dot

I test drove a new one when I was car shopping a few months ago. I did not like the ride or handling, but I agree the interior finish was a total turn-off. I was also underwhelmed by the boxer engine. I expected it to be considerably smoother.

I bought a used 9-3SS Vector for about the same money I would have spent to get the new 9-2.

Reply to
Fred W

Yes, I think that the Subaru Impreza boxer is also loud, maybe that's what their young customers want. However, I've seen pics of the 2007 Impreza

3 door hatch model, slightly larger than a Golf and very nice looking car. Will have a 2.5 turbo with 300bhp.
Reply to
Johannes