Saab 9-3 2002 Aero Convertible Roof Sticking?

Hello,

My wife has a 2002 9-3 Aero Convertible which she loves. After having the car for just a few weeks she noticed the roof would stick when she put it down. It would go part of the way and stop. If she reverses it slightly and then try to put the roof down, it will go a bit further. Eventually after it sticking in about three places and her backing it up a bit, she will manage to get the roof all the way down.

Is there anything we can do to get the roof to lower more smoothly? Are there any lubrication points on the roof frame we need to attend to?

Thanks in advance...

Norm

Reply to
Norm Fasey

I had a similar problem with my 2000. My mechanic told me there was some "contact" that could miss and he made an adjustment. I haven't had a problem since. Sorry I can't give your more details but this was last summer. Hopefully this will get someone with the same problem attention and he/she will know more about it.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Robert Murphy

yeah, i've heard something about that. Sometime the electrical connections get corroded.

Reply to
keith

Thanks for the tip, guys!

Just been looking online to see if they do a Haynes Manual for the 9-3 Aero. Turns out they don't.

Does anyone know where the switch is located so I can have a go at adjusting it? My local SAAB dealer wants to charge me 75 quid labour to have a look at it with no promise of resolving the problem. If I can just find a manual or instructions on how to adjust it myself, then I might be able to save myself some money.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Fasey