Saab 9-3 (2002) and a Baby Seat

I did a quick search but most replys do not state two or four door model.... We are looking at a 9-3 (either hatch or not, we have not decided) four door for the new baby car. Any thoughts on fiting a car seat? Most of the replys to other enquiries say it is hard to fit, is this really true for the four door (or call it five door if you must).

We are also considering the 9-5, but I like the 9-3 better. For both we are looking at the 2002 models but may consider the 2003 newer model if it is a better fit for a baby seat....

Reply to
Slappy White

I easily put 2 baby/child seats in a 00 5-Dr Viggen. Just make sure you learn how to do it right. A good place to go is the local fire or police station, they can get any seat to fit good and they'll point out errors most people make. The only problem you'll have is if you have a rear facing seat (probably for a newborn) and you have a taller (6feet or more) person in one of the seats.

Reply to
WitchDr

In my '03 9-3 SS there are special anchor points above the rear seating positions especially intended for baby/carseats.

Reply to
Fred W

"Slappy White" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

heard about space probs with some of the older 2003 9-3 models (not the ss's). in my 2003 9-3 ss the seat fits very well. we'll have to change the seat now, cause our baby boy will be 1 yr in august :-)

cheers,

nicky

Reply to
Nicky Serfling

I have hatch back model and I am using maxi cosi baby seat.

Reply to
tlp

Withy my 1999 9-3 my babyseat fits in fine in the back as long as the front seat is only set back about half as far as the maximum distance. Otherwise our 2 year old will kick the front passenger in the back for his incar entertainment. Our initial problem was that the seatbelt was a few inches too short to reach around fully on one model of carseat. Now my wife uses that babyseat and I use our second model. The dealer did offer an extension but it was about ?100

Jim

Reply to
Jim Dwyer