Saab 9-3 Convertible Windscreen Replacement?

The windscreen on my 1999 9-3 convertible seems to have a lot of scratches in a semi-circle that have obviously been made by the wipers before I had the car.

I might have a go at polishing them out - any suggestions on what to try?

Assuming this doesn't work, I'll look at getting the screen replaced through my insurance's glass cover. I noticed the mirror and some sort of sensor is stuck to the inside of the screen, it might be paranoia but is there anything to be wary of when getting this replaced or should any Autoglass type place be able to handle it?

cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Hutchings