SAAB 9-5 climate control?

Today I took our 2001 Aero 9-5 with manual tranny out to run errands. Driving down the highway, it is throwing heat. Outside temp reads 78 (and climbing because I am losing altitude as I head towards Denver from

2000 feet above it) and it is not like the A/C is not working, it is thinking I need heat!

I finally set both sides to LO and got A/C. After my first stop on restarting it seemed OK again. I need to look at the manual to see if there is a reset for the ACC unit like on the 9000's, but has anyone had this happen or have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
Charles

I forgot to say that starting out the driver's side (left in USA) was set at 66 and passenger side at 70.

Charles

Charles wrote:

Reply to
Charles

My 9-3 has the opposite problem, which I'm positive is the cabin air temperature sensor. The fan is damaged and it doesn't spin all of the time, so as the dashboard warms up, so too does the sensor - and the AAC thinks it needs to cool things down.

Have you run the diagnostics on the AAC unit?

Reply to
DervMan

How do I do the diagnostics?

Charles

DervMan wrote:

Reply to
Charles

You need to push down a button, hmm, have you the handbook?

Let me know if not and I can tell you what it is for the 9-3.

Reply to
DervMan

I see. The diagnostic tests are described in the manual but no way to look up fault codes, it seems.

However, I checked and found that my Mitchell on demand system (CD-ROM shop manual) that I bought for my 92 9000 T covers the 9-5 through 2003 as well! It describes the tests and list fault codes. I had one fault code (12) which is a door stepper motor open or short to ground.

Not sure whether this is a fault which happened that one time when I got heat instead of A/C or a present fault, though. I am hoping it was a fault that 'fixed itself', at least for now.

The 9000 T ACC has a similar operation for programming and testing but it does not give any codes, just the number of faults found.

So I can look up codes for anyone who has a problem and no shop manual.

I also have the Electronic Parts Catalog which covers from early 80's through 2002 or 2003 depending on which module and which car model.

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Charles:

How do you get the ACC to go into diagnostic mode?

Reply to
still me

Ignore that post... I missed your first post .

Reply to
still me