Saab 9-5 history and stutter

Does anybody know the best place to get the service history for a 9-5.

I have recently purchased my very first Saab a 98 9-5 2.0 LPT, but the garage have lost the service history, does anybody know if Saab themselves keep a record and if so who do I contact. The garage are looking for the history but I don't hold out much hope.

Second thing is a stutter under acceleration, the turbo has just been replaced so I don't think its that, I was thinking along the lines of the DI cassette, any thoughts.

the.drone

Reply to
the.drone

=46rom the service booklet in the black plastic wallet that also houses the handbook, that should have been in the car when you bought it.

You purchased the car without the service history? Very trusting! I would be extremely suspicious of a garage that said it "lost" the history. The history booklet is the property of the car owner and should be checked after each service to ensure the garage has filled it in correctly. If it's missing, my first thought would be that there was something to hide - like the car had never been serviced! I would ask them a few more questions about the servicing - did they do it themselves, and if so, what about their records? If they didn't, who did? If they don't know, where did they get the car to sell, who was the previous owner, and contact details? But it's all a bit late now.....

Can't help there. I've had both those items on my 98 9-9SE replaced long ago under warranty, but the only symptom I saw was a little white smoke from the exhaust for the turbo and a note on the service account for the DI Module - no symptoms for that at all. I would have complained if it hadn't been under warranty. However, you can get those symptoms from a bad batch of dirty fuel, or fuel with water in it. It might pay to check the state of the fuel tank.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins