Saab 9-7x stuck on hillside

Wow, interesting video of a Saab 9-7x stuck on hillside.

Check it out!

SG

Reply to
SG

The driver 'attacked' the slope too slowly.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

More importantly he neglected to use a Landrover.

Just cos a cars got 4 wheel drive doesn't mean it can do what a "proper" off road vehicle can do. Its a bit like fitting knobbly tires to a sit up and beg shop delivery bicycle and expecting to survive a downhill kamikaze run!

Al

Reply to
Al

Having spent money on a 4x4, many drivers seek out iffy slopes to justify their useless investment. I remember there was some particular rock that is popular for 4x4 climbing. A fair way up the rock, one 4x4 stalled and the driver hit the brakes. However, I think the rear axle broke or something, and to the horror of many spectators, it reversed down the rock with at a fair bit of knots. It was shown on TV, it really looked horrible, but the driver and passenger survived.

Reply to
Johannes

To combat the speed humps and potholes of southeast England I have replaced my Saab with a useless investment which has turned out to be an excellent investment and I would not return to a Saab of any sort. The comfortable arm chair seating of my useless investment is preferable to sitting on the floor of a Saab. I would not advise you to try your Saab on an iffy slope, they are only suited to the smoothest snooker table like surface..

Reply to
John Hudson

oooOOOOoooh! Get her! :o)

Did he touch a nerve, by any chance?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Fairly often they don't. There are some pretty wild 4WD trails up in the Rocky mountains that adventure seekers regularly catapult themselves and their vehicles off of. Of course, usually neither survive the "fun"...

Reply to
Fred W

Do you mean a SAAB or a Saab?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I have been a SAAB owner since I bought a '59 93-B in 1968. First and only new car was a '69 96 DeLuxe. However, in 1996 we bought our first Jeep Cherokee and have had at least one ever since. Yes it is a compromise, but with chains on all four wheels it will go down (and up) a rutted mud/snow ridden 4WD road towing a trailer with a 18 x 24 foot tent (with stove) and bring the elk back out.

I really have no use for sissy SUV's. It's SAAB 900T or 9kt or the Jeep. Then there is the Dodge TD 4WD for serious towing or the camper.

My SAABs are my ski cars. I leave the Jeep at home if the roads are paved and plowed. 4 studded snow tires and a turbo - awsome! Especially at 11,000 feet (3,300 m)!

Charles

SG wrote:

Reply to
Charles