saab 900 electrical diagram online?

I have been given the task of troubelshooting a 1984 saab "model unknown" electrical system for a no start condition.

Being that I was a former mechanic from the 1990s, I would normally look at no start such as fuel,ignition,timming belt ect ect. But can at least get a heads up on it's electrical system. I want to see where the relays are located, a fuel pump removal steps if it comes to that before I drive a hour to the customers location.

The brake calipers need to be replaced. Ive done a ton of brakes on other cars. Is there anything dfferent with these calipers? emergency brake is attached to them that I can recall.

Thanks

Reply to
LK

LK gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

In 1984, there's not going to be a lot of choice. It's almost certainly an 8v. It might have Bosch K-Jet injection, turbo & K-Jet injection or just a carb or two. If they're slightly wrong on the age, it _might_ be a very, very early 16v turbo, with Bosch LH. But if it was, they'd know about it, because it'd be a rare and slightly special car.

Relays are damn near all in the under-bonnet fusebox. Pump's in the top of the tank, accessible through the boot floor.

There's a special tool, I think, for the older front-handbrake cars.

You need one of these...

Adrian

I find this site invaluable for trouble shooting.

Elder

have been given the task of troubelshooting a 1984 saab "model

Thank you very much for that web site. I think I have the right electrical system diagram for the 1984 saab 900. Now, I did troubleshoot it today. There is some kind of short in the fuel pump circuit. I have replaced three fuses and each blows when the relay is engaged for 1 second after the ignition is switches from off to acc/ run mode. I confirmed there is a short in the grey/red wire leading from the fues block to the rear pump. I disconected the wire to the pump and still a short. I noticed there is another pump? that is ties to this. If so, where is it in relation to the main pump located in the center of some strange rubber boot. ? I can get a picture of the rear trunk area and if you know where it would be located mabey you can point it out?

Reply to
LK

In the top of the tank, there is the pump and seperatly under a rubber cover the fuel float sensor for the fuel gauge, can't remember how many wires for the pump, but the gauge sender has a 3 wires connector in one of two connector designs.

Reply to
Elder