SAAB 900 S, reverse gear problems?

Hi,

I have a 1994 SAAB 900 S, 2.0 petrol, my problem is, when I put the car into reverse and let the clutch up, it jumps out of reverse gear, I have to hold the gearstick in reverse?, what is wrong, and what can I do to fix it.

Thanks.

Simon.

snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBUSTER4plates.co.uk please remove SPAMBUSTER to reply

Reply to
The Camper Man

Reverse gear cog in transmission is worn. You have to pull the engine on the 900 to separate the transmission from the block. Get ready to spend some money at a transmission shop. Might as well throw a new timing chain in while the engine is out as this cannot be done while engine is in car also.

Reply to
David Spear