Saab 900 T8 Tyres

Hiya - I've now the proud owner of a 1985 Classic 900 T8 and I'm looking to get some new tyres as currently it's running on 4 different remoulds!

It's has 15" Aero wheels and the current tyre size is 195/60/15.

I've had Michelin Primacy 195/50/16 recommended to me - does anyone have any experience/comments on these tyres or better alternatives? The car is intended to be tuned to around 190 BHP.

Many thanks for any advice.

PB

Reply to
Poker Bunny

I had cheap mismatched wrong sized tyres on my T16S when I got it. I replaced them with Avon ZV1 195/60R15 V rated. There is a little more noise, and the ride is firmer/bumpier/rattlier because it had 65 profile tyres on previous to me buying it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.cis.dfn.de, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 11/02/2004 16:10:

I moved off my Avon ZV1s (rear) for Michelin Energy (former fronts) with Michelin Primacy on the front. I'm sticking with Michelin for mine. I'd always said that Avon made a better tyre, but I've been very impressed my Michelin of late. Maybe the T16 has a slightly different weight impression on the front, but the T8 runs very nicely on Primacy tyres.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article BC505601.D4B9% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk, Paul Halliday at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 11/02/2004 21:58:

... Assuming you get the rotational Aeros the right way round :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Yeah, they are rotating the right way. :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

195/60r15 for 15" Aero wheels. 195/50r16 for 16" super aero wheels.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo