Saab 9000 CD Player?

I see these on eBay too, and have wondered if they would fit a 1994 that I have. They're always from later 9000s.

Reply to
Valjean

You can buy a brand new one from EEuroparts.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

I've got a '94 9000. I had wanted a CD multi-changer but ended up buying a JVC CD/MP3 player instead. You can fit about 8 complete mp3 albums on just one CD (and no complicated wiring)..I carry my entire music collection in a CD wallet in the glove compartment. It even had its own built-in amp which is better / louder than the original Saab unit under the seat. It only cost just over £100 including fitting. :)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Really?

Reply to
Valjean

The Clarion DXZ-735MP I bought two years ago is still in my wrecked 94 cs. I haven't decided which other 9k of mine will get it. I have three other, two 94 and a 95. The 95 has the Harmon Kradon so it will be one of the two 94's. But Bob is right. Why get a CD changer when a MP3 player loads as many as 10 CD'ful of music?

Reply to
yaofengchen

There is one reason, I think. If one owns a car you love from a brand one respects, one may want to treat it as a classic, and keep all things original. Now, please do not start picking on "brand you respect" and let's not change it into Saab vs. GM thread.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

Point taken... But our new CD/mp3 player didn't involve any extra "un-original" wiring looms to the trunk or other modifications. In fact, all the equipment that came with the car has been left intact, so I suppose if one woke up in a sweat one night, worried about tampering with a "classic", it would take one about 10 mins to restore things to their former (terrible-sounding) glory... Perhaps one should consider there has been considerable progress since in car audio over the last 10 years, and make the most of it??

Reply to
Nasty Bob

You are absolutely right, I understand both approaches.

My beater 1991 C900 has an MP3 player - but I have purchased on the net used original tape and CD player, which will go into another future C900, when I can afford a real classic to keep forever. A true classic deserves all original equipment.

My '96 9000 Aero has all original audio - no need to improve on that Harman Kardon sound. I even removed the optional CD changer and sold it - my trunk is more usable that way.

My '2000 9-3 Viggen (eh... my wife's, actually) has both a CD player and a changer. I would pull the changer, but it is wife's car... Besides, this newer version is better integrated in the trunk - mounted on the side, not on the floor, not interfering with the trunk quite as much (my rubber trunk mat can be laid flat and not folded). In any case, it is also a premium HK, and not improvements are necessary.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima