Saab 9000 door problem

Hi everybody,

I need help with my Saab 9000. I have 3 main problems with my door locks

  1. The power lock goes rock solid in minus degrees it. If it's too cold I can neither open it using the key or from inside trying manually. So I kinda have to get in to the car from the trunk (since there are key holes in the back doors) which is becoming really annoying. And once I get it in I can still not unlock the doors from inside. Which is even worse. How is the right approach to fix this or prevent this happenning?

  1. I was trying and I think pushed a bit more than necessary and now when I use the key on the driver side door it just turns loose. But the unlock mechanism works from inside. So I am assuming I either did break something or something just got loose inside. Any guesses what it can be?

  2. I tried to remove the door panel to be take my chance. I followed some instructions I found on the net (I am very very new to car related repairs). I got all the screws and bolts out except the door handle. the small door handle panel holds really tight at the bottom where the small mirror control panel is. I used a screw driver to let the upper hooks of the handle panel loose but I can't figure out how to let the bottom part loose. (other than breaking it!)

Help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

-d

Reply to
Deniz

If there is frost on the car in the morning, you'll have problems with the door locks. This happens on all cars. I boil a kettle and mix the temperature so that water is not too hot, otherwise you might break some glass or damage the paint. The locks might also benefit from lubrication.

Never push hard on anything.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I have the same problem when I've washed the car during winter and water gets into the locks. Use some lock de-icer (isopropyl alcohol) and/or some WD40 sprayed directly into the key holes. I would not recommend forcing them if they're at all stiff. And I wouldn't recommend using hot water if the weather is going to stay freezing -- unless you want more ice!

Rod. (>

Reply to
Rodney Orr