Saab 9000 Keyless Entry Remotes

I have just purchased a 1997 9000 CSE. It came with 3 keys, but 0 remotes. It looks like it should have factory keyless installed, just didn't come with remotes.

I got 2 remotes off of eBay, and thought an independent mechanic with Tech II could program them, but he's telling me that I have to have at least 1 working remote to program new ones in.

I am able to arm and un-arm the alarm with the key, I just want to add keyless entry.

I know that the 9-5 requires at least 1 working transponder key to program new ones in, but is this the case with the 9000?

Reply to
Viggin

Nope,

Just use the Tech2 to program the new remotes. I would select the "Deprogram all remotes" option, then program your remotes. You can program up to 4 remotes for the car.

Good luck, Steve

Reply to
Scrowe

Thanks, got them programmed without a hitch.

Reply to
Viggin