Saab 93 Hood Replacement Sticker

Hi guys,

I bought last year a sticker to replace the peeled original Saab one on the back of my 93, for about $5 US. It works great so far.

I need to replace the one on the hood now, but I don't have the web address anymore.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

TIA, Ben

Reply to
Ben

in article snipped-for-privacy@mcgill.ca, Ben at snipped-for-privacy@2.com wrote on

21/07/2005 15:03:

Hi Ben,

Before one of our more dogmatic friends jumps in and assumes you mean a "93", rather than a "9-3", I should point out that the SAAB 93 was a vintage SAAB from many years ago. The "9-3" is the more modern (late 1990s onwards) car.

So back to the point in hand.

Your local SAAB dealer will be able to sort you out with one. I wonder whether it was a myth that SAAB honoured the badge for life? Any replacement needed and they'd do it. I'm pretty sure the bonnet badge should just be a case of popping the old one off and pushing the new one on.

I'm sure one of our North American friends here will tell you about any cheaper outlets, but I can't see a badge costing more than a few bucks.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Spoiling our fun, you are...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 21/07/2005 19:46:

I did actually write, "before our good friend Dave Hinz jumps in ..." at first, but made it more generic in case any of our other dogmatic friends got upset :)

I'll give you a head start next time ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Yes. Definately.

I will admit that in 2001 I saw a 95 with a 9-5 badge, parked right in=20 front of the Trollh=E4ttan Saab plant, of all places. A 9-3 badge on a 93= =20 might not look bad either.

--=20 MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '91 900i

Reply to
MH

Actually, I think it's Martin's turn...Yes?

Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I'd love to make some repro airplane logos for my current Saab. Got the milling machine & material; lack the time.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 21/07/2005 20:15:

I saw a C900 recently with the airplane logo in vinyl placed at the top of the windscreen in front of the rear-view mirror. It looked excellent. I've got a good vector graphic of it to pass to a sign maker at some point.

There's quite a trend over here for losing the middle bar on the C900 grille and having a large mesh "face" up front. I bet a vintage marque badge would look just right in the middle of that kind of grille.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Ben to answer your question the name of the site is saab site .com Good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

I think you can also get them at

Bob