[Saab_c900] Saab C900 body shape version galleries now available

In a new message thread at:

I've announced some new image galleries which highlight the different body shape variations in which Saab C900's were made. The galleries are located at:

So far I've found some rather interesting cars on Ebay to use as subject material for these new galleries. One which I'm a bit unsure about is the convertibles - did Saab produce C900 convertibles in the pre-1987 shape or were they only produced in the post-1986 shape (with the more sloped angle at the front)? I've got a good set of pics of a red post-1986 convertible already.

One of the more unusual cars I found was a rather customised 'dodge blue'

1987 SPG that someone has listed for sale on Ebay at the moment.

Enjoy the galleries and feel free to register as a gallery user and create your own Classic Saab related galleries (99's, C900's and 9000's are the target coverage) to share your own images, etc. with other Saab enthusiasts.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Ooh, careful there. The peole who own those photos could legitimately get very upset if you don't have permission to use their photos.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes I know that. I'm very willing to take photos offline of somebody doesn't like them published. However I think that since they're being published in a free gallery with no commercial TSN-style (!) objective will offset most people's concerns.

Now it's time to start swapping the driveshaft and steering member off my donor car onto the 900i which has the damaged wheel studs. 8-) It's sunny today unlike last night which was wild and stormy (and which took out the electricity for about 4 hours, hence all my IT gear was offline for about 3 hours!)...

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Craig, there were approximately 300 1986 Saab 900 Convertibles produced. All siver with Turbo 85 rims, one for each USA Saab dealer. They were not sold outside the USA.

However I do have a factory Saab image of a red 86 900 Convertible with the non-USA headlights!

If you want images, check this site, much better (Saab factory pictures):

http://imagesgmeur> Dave H>

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

in article mailman.30.1129884913.559.saab snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 21/10/2005 09:55:

There is the unusual bumper painted style, that kind of reflects the old flat nose, that was applied to the very last of the C900s. It creates the illusion of a slender stripe running down the length of the car, rather than huge bumper skins and a narrow side rubbing stripe.

The UK's 'Ruby' Edition has it ...

... As did a very small number of Swedish cars at the very end of the production run:

If you have a look at , I sure you'll find more examples. I have seen a nice light blue colour with this style and a number of yellow ones.

Other interesting body shapes/styles include:

The 'Lux' (or 'Lyx'):

The 900c, the 900ep and, of course, the CD:

Some third-party bodykits from Schüssler, Heuschmid and Erebuni:

Pre/Post facelift 'Airflow', as typified by the UK's 'Carlsson' Edition, or the Netherlands 'Red Arrow':

... Probably loads more ...

Good work so far!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S