[Saab_c9000] Heater fan replacement

Hi

This is my first post here. I've recently replaced my classic 900 EMS with a 1995 9000CS (kids and baby seats). The 900 was very reliable but got very badly dented.

I had the 9000 heater core replaced recently.

The problem now is that since that day the fan will only run on the highest speed.

This is causing me pain as the airconditioner will not work at this speed and summer is coming (even to Melbourne). The airconditioner compressor runs when the fan switch is 1-3 but not on 4.

The mechanic advised me that this means the fan and/or a 'resistor' have failed.

I am hoping that replacing the fan might fix this.

What I really want to know is why the fan would fail on the day it was at the mechanics? Also is the 'resistor' part of the blower motor that is shown on the guides below or another component?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Steven O'Reilly

Reply to
Steven O'Reilly

Saab sold down-under seems to be different. The US market ones have no switch. It is button on the ACC. Obviously you blower motor is good. Do not replace it. Your problem may be in the fan speed control. The fan speed control is mounted on the blower housing. Go to Townsend's site. There is a section on ACC diagnosis.

One of the symptoms when the fan speed control goes bad is the fan only rins on high speed.

Reply to
yaofeng