Saab, Chevy, Pontiac and GM

I was reading an article in Time magazine about the US Automakers introducing a raft of new models. Chevy is coming out with a new version of the Malibu called the Malibu Maxx as well as another vehicle called the Cobalt. Pontiac is coming out with a sedan called the G6. Why am I espousing this fact on the Saab board? All these vehicles are designed, at least in part, by Saab.

Here is the link:

According to the article, the Malibu is a pretty good car. I hope this incourages GM in realizing the good Saab can do for the company.

One othe thing, if you want reliability in a car and want a European brand, car get a Swede. A couple of recent studies from the Consumer Union (a non-profit, unaffiliated consumers group in the US) and JD Power & Associates have rated Saab and Volvo as the most reliable European brands sold in the US. None of the German brands did well at all and Mercedes was dead last for quality and problems per 1000 miles driven (in European cars) and near the bottom in all cars.

Jeremy '86 900T (love that car)

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

Hard to believe, since the JD Power site shows the 9-3 and 9-5 with 2-3 stars (out of 5) on all categories including quality. And they don't seem to use 1 star for anything -- 2 seems to be the bottom.

Meanwhile Mercedes C-class got 3-4 stars for quality.

I can't find a listing of all cars on JD Power, and I can't find ANYthing on the Consumer Union site. Any cites for those?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz