Saab Complaint

I'm not the only one, but having seen how Usenet was long before the spammers arrived, it's hard to let them get away with defiling that which was once pure ;)

Yup. Lots of us know alot about a lot of things, but he's got the current line pretty much completely understood. I'll put my 2-stroke and V4 familiarity up against pretty much anyone, but MH has me beat on V4, I'm sure. Laura is probably the best moderating factor I know, being practical and helpful. Doesn't matter, not like it's a competition, but it's fun to know an answer, ya know? Most people with problems like getting the answers they ask for.

Hrrm? Something about tunes. Someday I should check that out, now that I have a fast network. (Have I gone on and on and on about my wireless T1 feed here? Just checking. It's fast and shiny. And fast.)

I'm looking forward to his report on whatever that will be.

I've gotten really good at reading headers. spamcop.net actually serves as a good tutorial for that; analyzes them and tells me what it found and how. Good learning experience.

A killfile is important in any group, yes. Most of us are pretty friendly, and most of us are pretty knowledgeable. Like any group, it has it's personality and personalities, but once you get used to us, it's more like a family than anything else...oddball cousins and all.

Welcome, Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

[...]

I have no particular role or purpose in the news group; I'm not a historian. I just write whatever comes into my head when I feel like it and if I'm not doing anything else useful. If there is a pattern to what I'm doing, that's purely coincidental and not of my planning. Thanks for your confidence, but as they say: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

in article snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com, Johannes H Andersen at snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com wrote on 17/09/2003 13:05:

.. and I, if the "Paul" refers to me, have only (ha, only) been to the museum in Trollhattan and not the factory. Still, gives me a good excuse to go back next summer.

Welcome to the group Pete.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Salutations:

Paul Halliday wrote:

I stand corrected. I must have misread it as 'the Tollhatten Tour' represents one of those trips I would dearly love to make one day. Brother Paul - I gotta say, that's like getting a side of Montreal Smoked Meat air shipped in from The Main - but not getting the bagels.

Hey - as to the old Mercedes -or - SAAB restoration question - we may have finally found the decision maker..

Apparently, you can't transfer a policy when you change machines around here anymore. They have 'uprated' our CD to a 'sports car' rate wise last year - the four doors, roof rack and factory 'family sedan' designation being and apparently clever ploy on everyone's behalf to bilk the underwriters.. Pirates..

Anyway - the Mercedes wagon would involve a whole new policy - which means your PI/PD rates can go up as much as 300% - even if you are moving to a slower older car.

We are currently paying around $2,400 annually for minimum PI/PD - but depending on what we hear back from our insurance agent - I may well be putting up a fully illustrated and documented site on a ground up 89 9000T restoration.

Anyone got a spare set of four bolt aero wheels and a factory service manual for sale? Looking for a OEM wood kit as well..

Reply to
Dexter J

Next summer Aug 6 - 8 you will want to be in Denmark;

(maybe before or after that you can go on to Trollh=E4ttan again... ) =20

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

in article bkagtq$mp3$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.tilbu.nb.home.nl, MH at snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.no wrote on 17/09/2003 21:33:

Yeah, baby! That looks good! I was thinking of driving to Sweden next time - going through the Chunnel and making my way up through Denmark.

I understand the Saab factory does not do tours until later in August though, so either I'll need to drive very slowly (not really possible in a Saab turbo) or go to Sweden as a different trip later in August.

The other thought is to try a cross-country trip over Norway, from Bergen to Trollhattan.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I was thinking of forming a 'SAAB convoy' with other people, also from = the UK, traveling through Belgium, NL and the north of Germany to DK. I = would join the queue in Groningen (north NL).

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

in article bkd21o$iga$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.tilbu.nb.home.nl, MH at snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.no wrote on 18/09/2003 20:38:

Okay, is this the best place to "meet" and start the contacts for the convoy? Who else is likely to attend from the UK? I'm interested in starting a convoy down the M1 :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

maybe the 'chat' and 'forums' sections of=20

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

I agree with you Chris. The issue in question would appear to be only rectifiable under civil law and not criminal law. The case against Ford was I believe brought about as a result of a civil action and not a criminal prosecution. I was just wondering what specific part of (US) criminal law Saab would have breached in knowingly continuing to put "faulty" (word used advisedly) tyres on their cars. If Saab were involved in false accounting ( a la Enron) then that is clearly a criminal act but I'm not sure about the tyre issue. Because I am new to the newsgroup, I may have missed the posts that started this debate, maybe the use of the term "criminal" was not meant in its strictly legal form but in a more vernacular way. eg The large amounts of good food wasted every day is "criminal" when so many people are starving.

Just a few thoughts. Any lawyers out there!

Pete Brown

Reply to
Pete Brown

Hi,

so that makes me think, is he really that stupid or just close-minded enough to believe that there are "saab" tyres, i mean they are the same that bmw, merc or whatever put on their cars. saab doesnt have michelin or pirelli build special tyres for them!!! and they surely dont modify them either before mounting. i really hope milt sells his saab cheap to a new happy owner, that guy will enjoy his saab and milt will enjoy his ricer and we dont have to read this stupid

400 post-threads over and over again.

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone.

I look forward to getting into some of the issues that will be posted. I have already posted a problem I'm getting re: my own NG900 and have already received some assistance. I have also joined in some of the threads. This is ripping stuff!!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes

Pete Brown

Reply to
Pete Brown

Laura is a recent convert to Saabs, we have yet to introduce her the browbeatings, and mind altering drugs that the rest of us partake in.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Or the unofficial group club even :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think that is a different carl. Although I do like my rallying, i wasn't thinking of the Plymouth Dakar this year. Or is that just a very subtle hint that you want me to Desert this group :) LOL.

I'll get my coat.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

All part of my ongoing but unofficial lobby effort to see SAAB back in rally on a regular basis.. Heck - how do you think most rumours (and ultimately otherwise interesting things) actually get a start in life?.

'..geeze, we heard the Russians are thinking of putting a satellite up' = '.. One giant leap for Mankind ..' live from the Moon.. :) ..

You put that monster of yours on the run - I'll break policy here and put up site banners for it!

Reply to
Dexter J

Miltoon,

You sure get around the newsgroups. What a toon.

Google search results as follows:

Searched Groups for milt brewster. Results 11 - 20 of about 4,890. Search took 0.60 seconds.

Reply to
Tucker Muck

Miltoon,

You sure get around the newsgroups. What a toon.

Google search results as follows:

Searched Groups for milt brewster. Results 11 - 20 of about 4,890. Search took 0.60 seconds.

Reply to
Mark A

Let's hope your new Civic doesn't come with Michelins.

Read the following excerpt:

From: curious ( snipped-for-privacy@ragingbull.com) Subject: Michelin tires on Accord 2002 View this article only Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.honda Date: 2003-09-15 14:51:54 PST

Hello, I've got a 2002 accord with 18,000 miles.

I've the original Michelin tires. I've some uneven treadwear and a few brown lines (look like stitch marks) going around the tire.

Since I've had so little mileage, does anyone have experience with getting prorated on new Michelin tires?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks, c

...buy a Saab...mine came with Pirelli's!

Reply to
Tucker Muck