saab complaint............. just kiddin 9000 struts question

hi,

has anyone had expierence with bilstein/koni sport dampers on a 9000 ? which one of the both do you guys prefer and why ? which one of both are harder? i was told that the "adjustable" part of the konis is just the uhm, dunno how to say in english well i was told you can just adjust the softness/stiffness of the dampers going in, but not going out like in proper racing dampers and that the bilsteins probably make a better (and harder) choice. so what do you guys think? this is for a 9000T as some of you might know :)

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

to say in english

going in, but not going out like

harder) choice.

Reply to
meld_b

Don't have experience with Koni's on a car, however, I installed Biltstein struts, shocks and springs on my 9kt at about 90,000 miles. I now have ~175,000 miles on car, i.e., about 85,000 on the Biltsteins, and I can't tell much of a difference between now and when they went on - except as I write this, I recall they were a bit stiffer. I always run the car fast and hard, and the suspension still feels tight. In short, I would not hesitate recommending the Biltsteins.

cs

to say in english

going in, but not going out like

harder) choice.