SAAB Help in indianapolis - Radio Removal

My sis-in-law purchased a 90' saab 900 the other day, and wants to remove the factory radio. Is there anyone in indianapolis who has the tool to remove the beast, or know where I can find one cheap?

Thanks!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

The tool to remove the radio is basically just two U-shaped pieces of wire that fit inside the two sets of holes on either side of the radio face plate. You could probably make your own tool out of a couple of pieces of the right diameter wire. Did you try getting one from the dealer? David in California ('90 Saab 900)

Reply to
Studecom

Flip through the owner's manual holder. They were delivered with the car. If they are not there, make 2 U shaped pieced from a wire coat hanger. 2 pieces 6" long bend into a U making sure that they fit the hole spacing. Insert, then grab through the tape slot and pull the radio out. to remove the cage, use a small screwdriver and bend the V shaped tabs towards the center of the cage and remove.

KeithG

LC wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Larry,

Any Wal-mart has the DIN radio removal tool for less than $3.

Reply to
Mark Beckett

Outstanding! I'll let her know!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

If you are just removing it stop by your local SAAB dealer and ask if they will pull it for you. Takes less than a minute so it isnt much to ask of them. My dealer here in Minnesota did that for me when I wanted to put in my own. Plus, never hurts to ask

Reply to
SBN