SAAB..radical modifications?

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to drop a V8 into a SAAB? It probably wouldn't work- but imagine the old Lexus SC400's v8 inside a SAAB

9-5.. Rich
Reply to
Richard Sauer

Check out this race car

has a 700HP Chevrolet engine. In the gallery page there are some niceshots of it on the track.

Reply to
ShazWozza

Reply to
Richard Sauer

I remember an article about 15 yrs ago of a guy who slammed his 900 and added gull-wings....remember someone mentioning Sonnets with V8's in them too.

Reply to
Michael Halliwell

in article PdGdnbuugt-TlfjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Richard Sauer at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 23/11/2006 02:31:

I've seen a few classic 900 shells around V8s. There's an English chap called John Sleath who made a good job of one for drag strip business. He runs an Audi now.

Anything is possible, given enough money, but I would think with a 9-5 (already being 250 BHP on the good ones) is perfectly powerful enough to "whoop an SC400s proverbial". Okay, so the SC400 can be tuned ... Guess what ... So can the 9-5 ... To silly power if necessary.

Maybe if you have a free SC400 engine and want to improve a lowly powered

9-5, then go for it. Personally, I'd prefer a tuned SAAB 2.3 turbo 8)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article 7Za9h.347125$1T2.219446@pd7urf2no, Michael Halliwell at snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote on 23/11/2006 06:12:

I recall a 9000 gull wing, but only faintly ... Do you have any information of links (or anything) about this C900 gull wing? You're not thinking of that Norwegian chap's "street styled" 99 are you? The SAAB CX ... Or was it the EX?

Here's a couple of ones:

I like the B201 in the back of that FIAT Uno 8) Nutters!

There was, of course, SAAB's own V8 currently on show at the Valmet museum in Finland:

... Where there is also a 1600 CC B201 :O

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article PdGdnbuugt-TlfjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Richard Sauer at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 23/11/2006 02:31:

How's this for radical modifications?

800 BHP 9-3 :O

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

No...I have a magazine that featured it from back in the early 90's. The thing was lowered a bit and gull winged (definitely a 900) but was otherwise stock. If I can find the mag, I'll see about posting the pic.

Reply to
Michael Halliwell

There have been some 99 with a V8 There are a few custom 96 and Sonetts with V6 (instead of V4) Threre are several V4 turbos I have heard of a 95 with a V8 in the back There's a radically modified Sonett with a 16v turbo in the back (in Germany)

Reply to
MH

in article DQp9h.357815$5R2.149786@pd7urf3no, Michael Halliwell at snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote on 23/11/2006 23:07:

That would be great ... Sounds interesting!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday