"Saab's new two-seater shown in Geneva in March will have the DNA of our Sonett sports car that we sold in the mid-'60s,"

All,

From Trollhattansaab.net

-------------

The 1967 Sonett II could inspire a new Saab sports car.

MADRID - Saab may add a two-seat sports car to its lineup as part of its product expansion.

A sports car is being considered as part of the Swedish carmaker's "diversification strategy to offer a wider range of models," said Svante Kinell, Saab's European product marketing business manager for the 9-3 and 9-5.

Saab will show a front-wheel-drive, 250hp V-6-powered concept for the potential new model at the Geneva auto show in March.

"We will show an interesting concept in Geneva that will have the DNA of our Sonett sports car that we sold in the mid-'60s," Kinell told Automotive News Europe at the launch of the face-lifted 9-5 medium-premium car in Spain.

Whether the concept is built will depend on public reaction when the vehicle is shown at auto shows.

Reply to
Saab Guy

The same thread at Trollhattansaab.net has a comment with the following link that says Saab will build a 9-2 in Trollhattan starting in 2010. Hopefully, good news. The article is in Swedish though. I've translated

9-2, 2010, Trollh=E4ttan, and Carl-Peter Forster; maybe someone else can translate the rest:-)
saabyurk