Saab Video Library - updated

I was wondering if anyone has any additional Saab Videos that I do not have. I have about 8 more videos coming in including the following

  • Pikes Peak 2000
  • Saab 900 Talledega Challenge 1996
  • Saab International Delivery Program 1997
  • Saab Moose Test 1997
  • Saab Owners Convention "Jubilee" Celebrating 50 Years 1997
  • Saab Product Lineup Promo video 1991
  • Updated Saab Suite Video 1986

Please check these out and let me know if there is anything else you can help to contribute to this growing library

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

have about 8 more videos coming in including the following

to contribute to this growing library

None of the links work that I've tried so far! Are you sure you've got the HTML code correct? When I click on the images I get:

The requested URL /saab/saab_900_turbo_advertisement_1982_sweden.mpg was not found on this server.

and if I right-click to save locally I get a text-box telling me:

The link could not be saved. The web page might have moved or had it's name changed.

Before advertising your video archive, make sure the videos can actually be viewed and downloaded first. 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Craig,

This page is just a list now unfortunately as my ISP did not have the space for me to keep all of the videos up for downloading. What I should be writing shortly on that page is just that. The purpose of having a listing would be that if someone were to request them even in trade or not, I could render them a CD and send it to them if they pay the shipping, you know? I think someone needs an all enclusive Saab video library out there! :)

Anyways, it seems like you want that 1982 library.

I can e-mail you if your e-mail address is on your website to ask for your address so that I can burn that one and or others to a CD for you and mail it to you.

That one you request is like 450MB :)

SaabGuy

I have about 8 more videos coming in including the following

to contribute to this growing library

Reply to
Saab Guy

have. I have about 8 more videos coming in including the following

help to contribute to this growing library

Didn't work for me either.. don't think the technology involved these days is that complicated.. what's up Saab Guy??

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Nasty Bob,

Did you read my response?

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Well, he did mention he's paying 200 bucks to host these, so I'm sure his hosting provider can help ???

Dave "Wishing I could find a hosting client to give me 200 bucks for a gig" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave,

No, I was thinking about having a lot of people help chip into Adforums price for 10 new Advertisements at $200 total which was their lowest quote.

- Ryan

Reply to
Saab Guy

Try putting them out on Kazaa or BitTorrent:)

Reply to
WitchDr

WitchDr,

Don't you have to put them on your own folder to share? I heard that using any of those programs are inherently insecure and makes your computer very susceptible to spyware and viruses.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

If you do it right, there is no more risk than surfing the web. I've been using p2p apps for 4-5 years and never had an issue. Just make sure your A/V is up to date and control which folders you share.

Reply to
WitchDr

Or alternatively I could host any with C900 and/or C9000 content on a special page at my C900 Workshop website. 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

in article cYqdnX7 snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com, WitchDr at Witch** snipped-for-privacy@usa.nobulkemail.net.ru wrote on 17/05/2005 10:56:

BitTorrent will help bandwidth, once a few people have downloaded the videos.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul, Dr Witch;

The size of the directory on my hard drive that holds all of these videos, is

3GB which is a lot. I would love to find someone who has that kind of space. I have updated that page to reflect the rest of what I've put up. There are some more videos to convert, but they video quality is kind of off, but I hope to get that fixed because I don't want to convert a video that is fuzzy or something.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Craig,

Really? Could we communicate about this via e-mail? I would be interested in uploading all of them to you.

Please tell me which years to post from what's on my site now.

It seems like I am going to have some success as some people have been able to locate some more VHS video casettes so I hope to get them up and online too!

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Yes sure if it can help out I'm happy to work out some options. Ultimately it probably depends how much disk space on the web server can be set aside. The connectivity isn't massive (no broadband here - still on 128 kbps ISDN), but it's reliable.

Well I'd be able to handle anything related to C900's and 9000's up to about

1992 (before the post-GM revamp).

Sounds good.

Regards,

Craig.