Saab Videos

All,

Please check out the latest updates on

It seems like some nice folks are posting to video.google.com now which is great!

SG

Reply to
SG

I noticed that I already had some of those videos from your site--hope it works out. Your work was a great gift to the community.

Reply to
saabyurk

I beg your pardon?

Seems like you're simply applauding yourself.

Your clips are way too big. That's why you have a bandwidth problem.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

If the clips were smaller, they wouldn't be worth watching. I for one appreciate that he kept the original quality. I also appreciate that he didn't use Quicktime.

Reply to
saabyurk

I forgot to mention in my previous message that I was graciously assuming you don't know how to quote properly as it seemed you were addressing SG. If you were addressing me, I assume you got pissed at a pub and didn't know what you were talking about.

Reply to
saabyurk

I am looking for "quotations" from those that were happy with the availability to such videos for the Saab Community at large.

Could I get a quote from you or anyone else?

SG

Reply to
SG

to such videos for the Saab Community at large.

I am not sure what you mean by quotations, but all I can say is that I am happy to have these videos. I would never have known about their existence were it not for your web site. I have downloaded all of them, and I am burning them to DVDs for friends who don't have broadband or aren't computer savvy. Ted Yurkon

Reply to
saabyurk

in article snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, saabyurk at snipped-for-privacy@gtyurkon.com wrote on 08/02/2006 23:25:

... No, that's my job around here ...

Good effort SG. I've taken no end of shit over my "contribution to the SAAB enthusiast" website, too! Bloody peasants! :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

availability to such videos for the Saab Community at large.

Ted,

What you are doing by downloading ALL of the videos and burning them onto DVDs for friends is exactly what I was hoping someone would do to ensure that the footage is around for years to come!

Way to go!

I take it that you are encoding the videos to DVD format for normal DVD players, correct?

Thank you very much!

SG

Reply to
SG

players, correct?

Yup, that's one reason I'm glad they aren't .mov files because I don't have the means to do that yet. I'm converting them for normal DVD players because not all people have a computer for viewing the files, or at least not a very good computer. Unfortunately, the files grow quite a bit when converting, and take twice as long to burn, but DVDs are cheap nowadays:-) Anyway, I like the sound from are big-screen TV much better myself. Ted

Reply to
saabyurk

in article snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, saabyurk at snipped-for-privacy@gtyurkon.com wrote on 12/02/2006 01:21:

30 bucks will buy you Quicktime pro. H.264 encoding is included.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Thanks, I'll look into it--just been lazy.

Reply to
saabyurk

Paul,

Good to know. It has taken me over 500+ hours to convert all of these videos from RAW to DIVX(Mpeg-4) already.

If I convert any of them to quicktime, I wonder how well that will be and if the quality will degrade any.

By the way, I will need quicktime pro if I want to play ANY Saab videos on the new Ipod Video because it ONLY plays quicktime in video format. I also don't believe that there is a Quicktime Pro for Linux either.

SG

Reply to
SG

You might want to look into making them available as Bittorrent files to take some of the load off of your bandwidth.

Reply to
Ludwig

In message , SG writes

No need to buy Quicktime Pro...

Have a look at the free Videora iPod video converter (Windows only I'm afraid) seems able to convert everything I have thrown at it so far (including a video I pulled down from the Saab Videos site) to play on both my iPod and Palm PDA.

Find it here -

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Ludwig,

Normal people don't need to be bothered with anything besides bittorrent anyways.

It will be difficult to grasp for some people that they need Divx and how to install it, etc. That will hard enough.

SG

Reply to
SG