Seeking advice from Los Angeles Based saab enthusiasts

Greetings one and all,

I just bought my first SAAB, a '96 900 SE turbo Convertable, that needs minor TLC. I need to find a gas cap, replacement seatbelt for the driver, figure out why the perfectly good looking roof does not retract, find a replacement ashtray, get some minor body damge fixed around the drivers side rear taillight, etc...

Any recomendations for salvage yards, ethical mechanics, and online part suppliers would be greatly apreciated.

And at the risk of sounding to greedy/needy, sage advice for what to do proactively in order to provide this car the required attention that will compell it to take care of me.

Thanks in advance, and mahalo

Reply to
sam

Congrats!

Any auto parts store. Cheap.

Dealer

tell me more - what does it do or not do?

most any junkyard locally that will let you walk around in it

out of my territory. I only recommend east of the Pecos.

for a lot of mechanical stuff. Goldwing is an on-line salvage supplier.

Replace the upper idler pulley and serpentine belt unless you know it has been done recently.

How many miles on the car? Any maint records ?

Reply to
Bob

For any parts Pick A Part in the San Frenando Valley is the place. Get a couple of taillights while you're there. Cheap there, expensive any where else. Phil Brown

Reply to
philcycles

Bob, thanks so much for the imput.

Roof wise, there is no activity to the roof when the control button is depressed. I place the trany in park, parking break on, and release the two front widshield levers.

No service records are available. CAR FAz says I'm the third owner and no previous incicdents.

Car has 130, 000 miles.

Serpentine belt will be repaced when I recieve a recent europartws order that includes engine mounts and full brake pad sets.

S.

Bob wrote:

Reply to
sam