snapped off shift lever

My Saab 900S looses clutch fluid and the clutch then won't engage. I was on a hill with the car in gear the last time it happened. I tried to force the shifter out of gear and succeeded in breaking the shift lever itself. The cable for Reverse runs through it and is in tact.. How do I remove the lever so I can get it welded and then how will I reinstall the cable. Any cautions I should take before doing more damage. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Steve Murad

John B

Steve,

I know exactly what you are going through. I have a '92 900S that had a shifter lever break at the ball. I ended up getting a complete shifter out of an '88 (from

and installing it. There are three screws that hold the shifter in place. Remove those and the shifter (or remains of the shifter) will pull up and out.

The only issue that I had was that the original screws that held the shifter in were about 3mm too long for the older style shifter. Some washers fixed that up for me.

Hope this helps.

John Marietta, GA

92 900S
Reply to