Spotting Saabs.

Since someone posted on the subject a while back, I've been keeping my eyes open for other Saabs on my travels.

Parked up right next to a nice '90 C900 convertible in solid red in rather nice condition today in the local supermarket car park.

It had 136k miles on the clock. Only blemish other than normal age related stuff I noted was a small patch of rust below the windscreen on the passenger side. A 16 valver but not turbo as far as I could see.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Today I parked behind a mint condition 1993 900 Commemorative, beautiful metallic black paint with tan leather interior. It had 120k miles.

Oh, I forgot to mention - it is parked in my garage :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, ma_twain at ma snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 23/06/2005 21:01:

Very nice! Perhaps you can help. I've been led to believe that the CET had a single round exhaust (chrome tipped), rather than the usual 'letterbox' exhaust end that is normally seen on turbo C900s.

I have the dubious honour of maintaining this site:

... And here's the CET page:

... And 1994 Convertible:

I got a lot of help from an NYSOC member, but he was a little hazy about the exhaust issue. Maybe you could make a contribution; perhaps a little text?

The French "GT Aero" is a very similar car:

Paul

Var tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

My CET does not have the chrome tip round tailpipe. It has the oval tip found on most turbos. It does have the suspension modifications (loweredand stiffer) and the red box. I have driven other C900 turbos and mine seems to have more power and the engine seems to respond quicker. It makes my other Saab, a NG900SE V6, feel like a piece of junk. You depress the gas pedal and the engine/transmission does not respond for a few seconds. With the CET, the response is instant, even at 65 mph.

Reply to
ma_twain