Starter Woes

So I was having a nice dinner with my roomate, and the time came to go home. I put the key in the ignition and nothing, try again...nothing. I've replaced the battery and checked all the immediate cables.

Anyone have any clues as to what part is malfunctioning? could it be the starter? it's worked fine up until now perhaps a fuse?

btw: I do get the lovely clicking sound when I turn the key, and my lights radio etc all work...

Car is a SAAB 900 (1987) 8valve engine

Reply to
bobsworld92392

Try here for some tests to narrow it down:

Frank
offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Frank Vuotto

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Jan 30, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Under the starter motor are two or three small wires (red, yellow & black IIRC). On two of my previous 900s jiggling the ones with the spade connectors sometimes produced the desired noise and fury at the next attempt. COuld be something else entirely, but this is worth a try and it's free! If it works, you then need to work out whether a good dose of contact cleaner will get you out of trouble or you actually need to reterm/replace some wires. Cheers

-- Message posted using

information at

hippo