Sump replacement now fuel gauge problem

as the header suggests, drove over a rock and cracked the oil sump, no alternative but to have a local dealer do the replacement but since the car came back there is a problem with the fuel gauge

regardless to how much fuel is actually in the tank it sometimes reads empty when I start the car plus when I am driving at night I always use the night panel feature but when the gauge shows the correct reading then suddenly cuts out to show no fuel and the fuel light will come on and consequently the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge lights up too, very annoying

does anyone know what the service guys may have done by mistake to cause the problem?, it didn't happen before it was in for repair and does now so that obviously suggests its something they have done

any advice gratefully received

Dave

Reply to
dave gore 2002