Switch bulb replacement

I have a '88 900s and was wondering how I go about changing the light bulbs behind the switch faces. Also none of my instrument lights are working and I already checked and changed the fuse. It can't be that all of them are out on this vehicle I just purchased. What else can I check?

Reply to
itten

Well it is an 1988, very well could be.

Reply to
9-3Turbo

Seems unlikely to me that *all* the bulbs should have failed individually.

Does that model have the dashboard dimmer switch? If so, then hopefully it's just turned right down low, though possibly faulty.

My '92 has suffered in the past from a fault that caused all dash illumination to fail intermittently and it's always slow in coming on at startup.

Best of luck Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger

I have both an '88 and '94 900 and both seem to have that problem. You're right about the dimmer switch being faulty. I'll have to persue that. I like a lot of illumination on the dash so I added small neon lights, but I still would like the cluster lit from behind.

Reply to
itten

Check the dimmer rheostat, they're a common failure on many cars, a shorted socket will burn one out real quick too.

Reply to
James Sweet