T16 Arches

For anyone who's after a new set of arches for their T16 we've just got a set of the chrome ones from Euro Car Parts in to have a play with.

With a bit of a rub over with 1000 grit, primed and sprayed Antracite they don't look bad at all. They do need cutting down slightly to fit the T16 properly, but at £50 plus the cost of some paint and prime they make a cheap solution to faded plastic arches.

Cheers Matt

**-**

Hmm, and I remember suggesting it a couple of months ago, and you called me a big poof :) Mind you I was going to leave them chrome.

BTW, are the Aeroskirts on a facelifted T16 the same as on the earlier ones? I wonder if the edge of the chrome trims might slide down the small gap at top of the skirt where the plastic ones go currently.

Was considering them because 1 of mine is missing, two are cracked and the 4 is fine but fading.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net, **-** at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 25/02/2004 13:31:

These will fit onto the Aero kit, yes? How wide are they? Are they the Aero kit width, or more like the Carlsson width?

Cheers bud,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Just a touch larger than Aero kit and yes they fit the aero kit fine if you trim them slightly to reduce the length. Pics to follow cos its dark and snowing outside ;-)

Cheers Matt

**-**

IIRC that was the Carlsson arches onto a standard Aero kit. Think it was another chap from SC that was name calling ;-) Come on though admit it, Chrome arches are a bit limp wristed LOL.

Matt

**-**