Theft alarm going off on '99 9.3

Hello, Saabists. My 99 9.3 has been showing "service theft alarm" on the radio thing when I start the car for some months now. I have no nearby dealer, and the local mechanic hasn't figured our how to disable the alarm (I'd be perfectly happy to have no alarm). Just this morning, the thing went off. Seemed to go through a cycle of on-off-on-off and then stayed off. Did it again several hours later. Turning the key in the lock or pushing the remote buttons seem to have no effect; nor does starting/stopping the car. It just stops eventually. Further, I see no fuse labeled "alarm". Can anyone shed some knowledge my way? Any way I can get the thing disabled until I could get to a dealer?

Thanks very much,

Michael Hudson

Reply to
mah

I've had a similar problem with mine. Ended up being a glass sensor. In the short term I changed the alarm to doors only by holding in the Night Panel button until the display changes to show Full theft Alarm. If you then press once more it should change to doors only and bleep. This is not a persistent change and you have to do it every time you are going to lock and leave the car. Next time you unlock it will revert to full alarm. It will also revert to full alarm if you don't lock the car within a minute or so. One other thing, on mine I can only do this change once I have removed the ignition key.

Hope it helps.

Ian

Reply to
IanS