thump, thump, thump...

Testing. Testing...

Is this thing turned on?

Reply to
Fred W

Fred W (Fred W ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No. We can't hear you.

Reply to
Adrian

It's been eerily quiet in here. I guess everyone sold off their SAABs and moved on to other brands.

Reply to
Fred W

Fred W (Fred W ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I think the action's just moved elsewhere, to web based fora. SaabCentral's plenty active.

Reply to
Adrian

I drop in from time to time Fred, but UKSaabs is my more regular haunt now.

Al

Reply to
Al

Or - none are going wrong. :)

Reply to
DervMan

If you rub it the right way, it might be :)

I'm still around ... I spend a lot more time on forum boards nowadays. BTW, has everyone seen my wife's new steering wheel? Well, it's her car's steering wheel, but you get the picture ...

It's certainly retro.

Reply to
PJGH

Look good but I think you reversed the graphic... it's on the wrong side of the car!

Reply to
still me

No, that's where it should be.

Can't understand the point of wooden steering wheels myself though. Maybe PJGH was previously a sea captain ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Let me see ... left ... right ... nope, seems to be on the RIGHT side of the car :)

Reply to
PJGH

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:29:08 +0000, Eeyore

Well it >is< drop-dead gorgeous.

Frank

Frank Vuotto

Yarrrrr! It be plundered from a Japanese Junker Mazda MX5 (and arrived from Yame City in about 4 days!!!).

Reserve judgement until you have driven with one ... it's quite a different sensation and really very pleasant. My wife likes the look of it and I think it finishes it off nicely - the wheel that was on before was the later three-spoke design, more rounded than the classic three-spoke (similar to the Aero wheel) and plastic. Neither of us liked it, so a replacement was in order.

Frank - Thanks for the comment. More picture here:
videos towards the end of page 1 are when the head gasketfailed ... it has a 2.3 head on now 8)

Reply to
PJGH

Am I missing something here Paul. Your photo's included an impostor in a Saab related photo collection. Quite a lovely impostor, but an impostor none-the-less. A bit like Kierra Knightly turning up at an FHM models convention......... Al

Reply to
Al

The metallic red imposter? That's my Dad's current daily driver - he's given up on new cars and returned to the great days of motoring. I gave it a wash and detail which probably added a good grand to the value ... it was dirty, but very sound (full Jaguar service history, no rust, just ratty wheels which we think look kind of cool on such a shiny car) and a bargain at 1500 quid. It has the quite rare full electronic dash - only fitted for a couple of years, IIRC and the Daimler badge just gives it the edge, IMO.

... or am I miles off and you've taken a fancy to my neighbour's Yaris :)

PJGH

Nope, Twas the Daimler. Though I did seriously consider a Hyundai Getz a few years back, lots of handbag car for my money...but I ended up with my first 900, a Grey (what else!) 900 Carb.

Al

Reply to
Al

It is said that you can find most parts to your car at the road sides, as they fall off from cars. But you will never find a steering wheel because people tend to hold on to it.

I take my coat...

Reply to
johannes