"Time for Service" reset

Is there a way I can reset the "Time for Service" notification on the SID without taking the car to the dealer?

I have an OBD-II code reader however, there are no such codes in the computer. Thanks.

Reply to
Guyava

I'll take a guess, seeing as you didn't give any information on year and model. Try holding the clear button for something over 8 seconds.

Jim M

Reply to
Jim M

You don't identify your model or year, but on my '97 900 the message will stop appearing after it has been displayed for some number (20? I don't have my notes handy) of times.

Joe Morris

Reply to
Joe Morris

2002, 9-5 I think you're right, it stopped but I did not count the # of times it appeared, Next time I'll try pressing the "clear" button for 8 seconds as Jim suggested. Thanks to both of you.
Reply to
Guyava