Timing Belt

When should this be change for a 1999 9-5? What should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Reply to
TGS

You don't have a timing belt. You have a chain. So, expect to pay $0.

You do have a serpentine belt, similar to the old "fan belt". Replace that every 50-60K for $35 in parts and maybe an hour's labor at most.

Reply to
- Bob -

Unless he has a V6, then he does have a timing belt. Should be changed every

90,000km.
Reply to
tim

My bad. I keep forgetting about that 9~5 with the V6... it just does not seem right to me so I put it out of my mind :)

Reply to
- Bob -