Timing chain tensioner

Has anyone ever had a timing chain tensioner go bad? I have a strange whirring noise coming from that area, and I'm out of options.

Just wondering if this is a likely solution.

I've replace all of the idler pullies, and then I found that when the belt is off, the whirring noise is still there.

dave

Reply to
Dave

They do go bad, but they don't normally make a whirring noise. Oil pump?

More importantly, what year/model?

Reply to
Grunff