Torque setting for radiator clamps

Anyone know the proper torque setting for fastening the radiator band clamps? I've got one leaking, and the last time I tightened one down it was on a Benz, and I wound up having to replace the radiator, as I snapped off the inlet pipe.

Reply to
cs

I doubt they're published - 'snug' always works for me.

Reply to
Grunff

It's a little less that that much...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Gee, thanks Fred, I wasn't sure :-)

And Grunff, thanks for the 'snug' suggestion, but that's where it is now, and it's still weeping. If I figure out a torque setting, I'll post it

Reply to
cs

Really, this is one case where you can't have a torque setting - I wasn't being facetious!

The torque required will depend on lots of things - the diameter of the clamp, the age + hardness of the rubber, the condition of the clamp screw etc.

If it's still weeping, there's something wrong. Is this a new hose?

Reply to
Grunff