towing boat with SAAB 95

Does anyone know the towing capacity of our 2001 SAAB wagon? We hope to buy a 16' boat with trailer. Total towing weight = less than 3000 lbs.

Would this put undue strain on the transmission or should we have 'no worries' ?

Thanks, . . . Ginny

Reply to
Ginny Wong

Check the owner's manual, it's in there. I think 3000 is the limit but check.

Yes, this will put a strain on the tranny as well as the brakes and suspension. While you can probably do it, it's probably a bad idea.

MHO,

Reply to
- Bob -

My 95 'wagon' weighs 950 kg, according to the owners manual its towing capacaity is max. 1000 kg.

How much does your 9-5 weigh? Never tow more than that.

Reply to
MH