transmission leak

I have a transmission leak which Saab dealer says is at the rear of the transmission (gasket). Would this be a difficult job for a handy layman to attempt? Thanks

Reply to
TGS

I am guessing this is a C900? It could be the rear main crank seal, the oil pump o-ring, or the shift shaft seal. I kinda doubt it would be a diff cover gasket, but it could be.

KeithG

TGS wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Yes, Unless the leak is sever just add fluid when needed. All saabs leak its just the nature of the beast. good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Our '88 900S doesn't leak a drop...

Knock on wood I suppose.

Reply to
James Sweet

My 1992 900 doesn't leak any oil at all. A drop of coolant now and then maybe, but that's it.

John

Reply to
John B

'94 900S (NG) Not a drop of liquid any where uner the car, except for melting snow and ice...... _________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download

to open account

Reply to
Lou

Any particular year and/or model?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

'86 900 3-door with never a drop! However ... only 86k mi!!!!

--Paul

Reply to
P K