Trunk/boot lid badge

I have just put a deposit down on a 1998 9-3 convertible and I collect it tomorrow. The Saab Scania badge on the back is very tatty so I've just been looking for a new one on Ebay. There are lots to choose from, but in lots of sizes. Does anyone know, or could someone with a 9-3 convertible be kind enough to measure the diameter of the badge.

Never owned a Saab before, but I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Many thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth

You can buy a brand new badge for a reasonable price, someone posted a link here a while back, perhaps they can post it again.

Reply to
James Sweet

Why look for a second hand one ?

You can get them new at Ekparts for around a tenner if the genuine Saab item is too pricey.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

The dealers price is $23 in Baltimore.

A cinch to install. Anything used or on Ebay will be harder to install and probably pretty tacky. They take a beating from the elements and un mounting them will almost certainly deform them.

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm William Mason

If you are in the US you can buy them cheaper at some of the eParts places than you can find them on eBay.

Try here:

Malt_Hound

Malt_Hound wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

State of nine has them too

Laura K

Visited the main dealer today and, as it turns out, they only cost 12 quid.

Many thanks for all your help.

Steve "Steve Shuttleworth" wrote in message news:uFCZe.16519$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth