trunk light problem Saab 9-5 2003

I replaced the bulb, but the trunk lighting still doesn't work. The fuse responsible for the trunk light should be OK, for everything else is working fine. Any idea what can be wrong? It's really annoying. Tks & rgds TW

Reply to
Trespassers W

I have a 2001 95, my trunk light also quit working, I found the wires which go into the trunk lid through a flex rubber covering broken, I pulled back the flex rubber of the hard plastic trunk lid wire retainer and exposed the wires, the broken wires were readily visible, it happens because when you close the trunk lid the wires repeatedly get kinked and fail, this is a common problem, hope this helps you. :P

"Trespassers W" wrote: > I replaced the bulb, but the trunk lighting still doesn't > work. The fuse > responsible for the trunk light should be OK, for everything > else is working > fine. Any idea what can be wrong? It's really annoying. > Tks & rgds > TW

Reply to
dawsonsk

I owe you one! I exposed the wires running through the rubber housing into the trunk lid and saw that three out of nine were damaged and one had snapped. After 30 minutes everything was in perfect shape again, which saved me a visit to the dealer and some money. Thanks very much for your suggestion. Best regards TW

U¿ytkownik "dawsonsk" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:959862 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com...

Reply to
Trespassers W