Trunk opener on key remote

...doesn't work on my 97 900se. The door lock/unlock/alarm works fine, but not the trunk. Is there a code, trick, or something I should know to make this work? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

No special tricks. If someone has programmed the horn beeps with the tech-II then the horn should sound once on lock, twice on unlock, thrice on trunk unlock. If the horn beeps have been shut off then it should work silently. Since yours works for the doors, we know that the remote is matched to the car. The car should generally off when testing the remote although it will work under other conditions. I'd guess it's a bad remote.

FYI - the manual release in the driver's door will not open the trunk with the top down unless the car is running (prevents stealing from the trunk when you leave the top down). Not your current problems but good to know.

Reply to
- Bob -

Does it unlock when you use the key? Check the owner's manual and see if locking whatever it is to prevent the trunk from being opened from the button on the driver's side also prevents the remote from opening the trunk. It would make sense, in a Saab way, since it would prevent parking lot attendants from opening the trunk.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Yes, the key and the button on the driver door work fine.

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

I guess that's it. I didn't know if I needed to program in some special Saab way. If I had to choose a button on the remote to not work, it would have been this one as opposed to the door locks/alarm.

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

I had the same problem with my 2000 9-5. It was a dirty switch contact. I took the remote apart and sprayed the switch with a premiun quality electrical contact cleaner. It works like new now.

Contact cleaners will prematurly age a switch but if it isn't working anyway...

Reply to
BL