Turbo badges

Do 900 LPTs in the UK have a "Turbo" badge on the radiator grill? I know 9000 LPTs don't, but I have seen some advertised on eBay and am not sure if the owner's description is correct.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

It is very incosistent. Most don't, but some do. I've never figured out whether this is because they were originally supplied with them, or whether they were put on afterwards.

Reply to
Grunff

I've seen a few - usually on a plain (non-chrome) grille.

If it's described as a 900S it should be an LPT.

Reply to
chris

In any case, turbos are mostly associated with turbo diesels these days. I once mentioned to a colleague that my car was a turbo, "Ah it's a diesel" was the reply!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Nope, My 900S doesn't have a turbo, OK so it's a NG900S, but it clearly states

900s on the boot lid and the reg document.

Al

Reply to
Al

in article Q43Vd.207352$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 01/03/2005 19:08:

The OG 900S models were LPTs and did not feature a "turbo" badge on the grille. That said, it is not impossible to see an LPT with a "turbo" badge, given owner additions over the years.

That said, the convertible 900S turbo (commemorative edition of 1993 for the UK) *might* have had the badge.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

In the US, the "S" designation on the c900 meant "sunroof and spoiler", mostly. Not a turbo.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I seem to recall that you got leather with the S too, but it's been a few decades and I can remember precisely... go figure.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Badges? Badges? We don need no steenkin' badges!!

But the turbo is 'hole nother thing. Turbos we *need*!!!

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

My 900s came with leather, alloy wheels, sunroof, leather shifter boot, power everything, and fog lights. No spoiler (but, this is a sedan). No LPT though (US), but the 2.1L engine at least (1992).

John

Reply to
John B

My '1991 900S is cloth and does not have a sunroof. It does have a spoiler though.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

Country?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dima

Beat me to it. Of course a 900S in one country is not the same as a 900S in another.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound