Turn signal failure

The turn signals on my 1999 95 suddenly stopped working the other day. I've searched my Alldata account and it appears that the car doesn't have a realy for the turn signals (as far as I can tell).

Does this car have an "alert" feature where when one bulb goes it disables the whole system? Since there were no previous intermittent failures, I don't think it would be the switch on the steering column. I would think that the switch would wear down over time and not suddenly fail.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Peter Kemp

They're controlled by the DICE module on a 9-3. Presumably the 9-5 is the same.

On the 9-3, the DICE only shuts down the indicators if there is a short. For blown bulbs, it just doubles the flash rate.

As a starting point, check any fuses for the DICE module. Does everything else work OK?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thanks for the help Collin. The only other electrical thing not working is the cigarette lighter. The lighter doesn't work and plugging a cell phone charger doesn't produce any juice either.

Do american chargers work in the Saab power outlet or is an adapter required. I seem to remember a situation I ahd where the contacts on the charger didn't reach deep enough into the hole to make contact.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Reply to
Peter Kemp