Turn the key, no response. Advice?

Do the headlamps or the accessories work? That would rule out a dead battery, if they work and keep working when you turn the key.

Last Saab I had was an '84 900. One day when I left work, there was no response from the car when I turned the key, but the radio worked just fine. I caught a ride home to get some tools and my voltmeter, but the car started up fine when I returned. Over the next two years I had two more such incidents that all fixed themselves before I could find the problem. Then one day I had one did not self repair. My mechanic found that one of the hundreds of connectors and/or relay contacts used in that model was intermittent.

-- Vic Roberts

Reply to
Victor Roberts

My 94 900 2.5 shows no signs of life when I turn the key. It is as if there is no battery. The car has been parked all summer, and it last ran two weeks ago when I left it running to plug in an air compressor to fill a tire. It ran fine at the time so this is quite weird as it hasn't been started or driven since. Any insught would be appreciated.

Cheers, Anthony

Reply to
Photogenix

Nope, the thing is completely dead. Accessories et al. I'll try to jump start it and see what happenes. The battery is fairly new though.

Reply to
Photogenix

It's alive! I charged up the battery and she came to life. Seems it's either full power from it or nothing.

Thanks for the tips.

Anthony

Reply to
Photogenix